Friday, July 23, 2010

SHAME ON YOU, Maryland Retailers Association

Why? Oh, because they compared a "living wage" bill (approximate increase= $2.00 per hour) to THE HOLOCAUST.



SERIOUSLY.



Here's the text of the email I sent to the Maryland Retailers Association. I suggest you do something similar in your own words.

I was seriously offended by Jeff Zellmer's statement that the Baltimore "living wage" bill would be "a Holocaust for the retail industry." Not only is that an egregiously inflated  statement AT BEST but degrading and horrifying to the millions that suffered (as well as those who survived) one of the most devastating episodes in our world's history. Your group should apologize immediately.

Regardless of your feelings about this bill, that kind of talk should not go unchecked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. As I have said on other parts of my blog, to me, anonymous comments DO NOT COUNT. I will not read or accept posts with overwhelming negativity, violence, sexism, or racism. Nor am I going to be baited. This is my life and I do not have time for that kind of energy. Furthermore, I decide what I believe. And I will make that decision based on things like facts and going to the source.

Disqus

Who knows