Monday, July 21, 2008

Brooke Hogan said WHAT?

"You know what? I am actually not that much into voting. I think it’s kinda crazy that a woman is running, because I think that women deal with a lot of emotions and menopause and PMS and stuff. Like, I’m so moody all the time, I know I couldn’t be able to run a country, ‘cause I’d be crying one day and yelling at people the next day, ya know?"
—Brooke Hogan, when asked who she's voting for by a potential roommate on her series Brooke Knows Best.
-on E! Online


OK, where do I start with why this bothers me?

Is it the fact that we seem to celebrate stupidity by giving people like the unelectable Ms. Hogan, Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie, etc. TV shows? Not to mention shows like The Hills or Krappy Kardashians or whatever it's called. I can't even keep track of them anymore.

Or is it because a 19-year old woman would actually think like that in this day and age? So, what- women are OK to raise the next generation of leaders, just not BE one of those leaders? Or men don't have emotions?

Or is it that this was even reported, and therefore pissed me off?

Don't worry, Brooke Hogan (or whatever your name is). You will never run a country. You will never run a borough, population 14! As long as you open your mouth and just let words come flying out without any thought, you will never run anything. NO ONE takes you seriously. And if you want to know why, just re-read what you said and realize that you know less that nothing. If you knew nothing, you would have kept your mouth SHUT.

Disqus

Who knows